Must be a US Citizen with an active Top Secret/SCI with FullScope polygraph.
The ideal candidate’s favorite words are learning, data, scale, transformation and agility. You will leverage your strong collaboration skills and ability to extract valuable insights from structured and unstructured data leveraging statistical methods and/or machine learning to discover patterns and behaviors of entities using query and visualization tools to present question focused datasets.
• Experience as a Systems Engineer in programs that encompass systems architecture, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation
• Experience with customer requirement solicitation, capture, and refinement, decomposing requirements into system and functional requirements, generating systems engineering artifacts and in conducting Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) and technology evaluations
• Experience in application migration into cloud environments and technologies, as well as customer data types, protocols, and policies (AWS, AZURE, etc.)
• Knowledge of and experience in database technologies such as Accumulo, Elasticsearch, or Splunk
• Strong system engineering experience working with development teams as well as demonstrated proficiency engaging with senior developers
• Excellent technical, nontechnical and bridging communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience with JIRA and Agile/Kanban methodologies
• Provide systems engineering support to large-scale systems, major system elements, and/or interfacing systems within a cloud or virtual environment.
• Provide overall system engineering expertise in the architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, network design and/or implementation, or testing for the program
• Analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architecture to develop system requirements specifications.
• Support cloud technology adoption and integration of components into the cloud architecture
• Interface with compliance and security organizations to investigate, guide and ensure appropriate data handling and security postures are included in requirements, design, and implementations.
• Guide users in formulating requirements, advise alternative approaches, conduct feasibility studies, and identify risk
• Facilitate the interface between customer and development teams; communicate requirements and design to developer teams for implementation; track and review development, keeping the customer in the loop
• Review and draft white papers and technical materials
• Develop physical models based on relational data to potentially be housed in a non-relational cloud technology database
• Develop efficient and access-compliant manifestations of data using cloud technologies
• Use tools and analysis to identify key data and subsequently structured data for improved discovery and search capabilities
• Compare and contrast performance, scalability, maintainability, availability, security, and compliance of database technologies
• Conduct statistical analysis of data
Educational and Professional Experience:
• BA/BS Degree in a technical discipline related to the experience requirements as stated herein (such as: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems).
• Minimum five (5) years experience in a technical role in projects and programs for Government or Industry customers.
• Five (5) years experience as a Systems Engineer in programs that encompass system architecture, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation.
• At least three (3) years direct experience with an intelligence community or signals intelligence activity.
• Experience in the following: Solaris and Linux; Solaris, Linux, and Windows utilities and techniques to diagnose and correct performance bottlenecks.
• Significant experience in the following: Designing complex collection systems; Integrating systems using multiple operating systems (Solaris, Linux, Windows 2000); Performing tradeoff studies; and/or System performance analysis.